There are multitude of museums in Switzerland covering almost ever area of interest: History, Art, Photography, Archeology, Natural History and even … Transportation.
The Transportation Museum in Lucerne (Verkehrshaus der Schweiz) provides indoor and outdoor showrooms with planes, trains, automobiles and boats. In addition, there are interactive Media/Communication and Computer Science areas providing entertaining opportunities to learn about an integral part of transportation management and daily life. Finally, the Verkehrshaus is home to a Planetarium and IMAX Theatre.
I spent the day at the Museum as part of an in-situ exercise in German with my language class from Alemania Deutschschule. It was a creative and fun location for a school outing no matter your age! We had the chance to play like kids and challenge ourselves to read and listen to audio in German and interact with Museum staff, especially at the i-Factory!
IMPORTANT VISITOR INFORMATION:
- Getting to the Verkehrshaus Museum is super easy by Bus, Train or Boat.
- Transportation Museum Hours depend on the season, but the doors are open daily!
- Variety of IMAX Movies are shown in the Filmtheatre.
- Ticket Prices Vary and are available at the Museum Ticket Counter or on-line
- Hungry? There is a cafeteria style testuarant and “Coffe Bar” to enjoy
NOTE: Lockers are available for storing your personal items
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SWISS MUSEUMS:
- Swiss National Museum — Culture and History Museums
- Swiss Museum Pass — PDF File indentifies which Museums qualify