When it rains in Switzerland, it can be both beautiful and frustrating: beautiful because the country is more stunning after a good soak and frustrating because it can be relentless in quantity and duration. So what can you do when the days get shorter and the weather less cooperative?
Here are 12 ideas for surviving rainy days in Switzerland:
- Visit a Museum! With the Swiss Museum Pass you can visit the Swiss National Museums plus hundreds more.
- Pamper yourself at a Thermal Bath ! I’ve been to Yverdon-les-Bains several times and it’s a great way to relax.
- Take an on-line class! There are many options out there. The Open University is one.
- Cook or Bake! Don’t know how? A rainy day is the perfect time to learn.
- Throw a Party! Make it a Fondu or Raclette Celebration! ‘Tis the Season !
- Read Books! Do this on your own or join a book-club — start one, even!
- Plan your summer holiday!
- Research your genealogy!
- Learn a new hobby!
- Dine out with friends or go on your own — don’t be shy! Restaurants are one of the few places open on Sunday’s too!
- Join a gym & then GO! Fitness Park Migros is the largest country wide fitness center and the one I frequent. I have also been a member of Holmes Place in Lausanne. There are many other options so do a search in your region.
- Go South! When it’s miserable in Switzerland, it can be lovely south of the Alps — head to Ticino!
PLAY IN THE RAIN! Yes, I mean it! Blow the dust off the foul weather clothing and go out and enjoy! You wont melt, I swear and it’s fun and refreshing!
What others ideas do you have for passing the rainy days in Switzerland … or wherever you may be? Share your Comments!